In conversation with Meg Gardiner
Signed & Personalized bookplates are available to purchasers of book tickets.
Event Registration & Guidelines
- Tickets are required to join this live event and are available exclusively through Eventbrite.
- Each book ticket includes a copy of Hummingbird Salamander, a signed and personalized bookplate. (Please include personalization requests at checkout).
- There is a limited quantity of FREE TICKETS that will grant you access to the virtual event being hosted live on Zoom.
- Additional shipping charges apply for international orders.
- You will receive your link and exclusive access to the Hummingbird Salamander website approximately two hours prior to event start time. If you don't receive it by 4PM CST, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. BookPeople will not be responsible for missing links.
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45PM CDT.
- Event Begins at 6:00PM CDT.
- Books will begin shipping following our virtual event.
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT HUMMINGBIRD SALAMANDER
From the author of Annihilation, a brilliant speculative thriller of dark conspiracy, endangered species, and the end of all things
Software manager Jane Smith receives an envelope containing a list of animals along with a key to a storage unit that holds a taxidermied hummingbird and salamander. The list is signed “Love, Silvina.” Jane does not know a Silvina, and she wants nothing to do with the taxidermied animals.
The hummingbird and the salamander are, it turns out, two of the most endangered species in the world. Silvina Vilcapampa, the woman who left the note, is a reputed ecoterrorist and the daughter of a recently deceased Argentine industrialist. By removing the hummingbird and the salamander from the storage unit, Jane has set in motion a series of events over which she has no control.
Instantly, Jane and her family are in danger, and she finds herself alone and on the run from both Silvina’s family and her ecoterrorist accomplices—along with the wildlife traffickers responsible for the strange taxidermy. She seems fated to follow in Silvina’s footsteps as she desperately seeks answers about why Silvina contacted her, why she is now at the center of this global conspiracy, and what exactly Silvina was planning. Time is running out—for her and possibly for the world.
Hummingbird Salamander is the Annihilation author Jeff VanderMeer at his brilliant, cinematic best, wrapping profound questions about climate change, identity, and the world we live in into a tightly plotted thriller full of unexpected twists and elaborate conspiracy.
ABOUT JEFF VANDERMEER
Jeff VanderMeer is the author of Dead Astronauts, Borne, and The Southern Reach Trilogy, the first volume of which, Annihilation, won the Nebula Award and the Shirley Jackson Award and was adapted into a movie by Alex Garland. He speaks and writes frequently about issues relating to climate change. VanderMeer lives in Tallahassee, Florida, with his wife, Ann VanderMeer, and their cats, plants, and bird feeders.
ABOUT MEG GARDINER
Meg Gardiner is the critically acclaimed author of the UNSUB series and China Lake, which won the Edgar Award for Best Paperback Original and was a finalist for NPR's 100 Best Thrillers Ever. Stephen King has said of Meg Gardiner: ''This woman is as good as Michael Connelly...her novels are, simply put, the finest crime-suspense series I've come across in the last twenty years.'' Gardiner was also recently reelected President of the Mystery Writers of America for 2019 and 2020.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Jeff VanderMeer, Meg Gardiner and your local independent bookstore!