603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 | The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
VIRTUAL EVENT: KALYNN BAYRON - Cinderella is Dead
Thursday, July 23 at 6pm CT
Cinderella is Dead
LIVE ON ZOOM!
Moderated by Chaunesey Clemmons
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this virtual event.
- There are two ticket options available for this event. Both of these options get you entry into the event. You need only pick one:
- A $5 Ticket: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event. This option does not include a book. All you have to do is add the $5 Ticket option from below to your cart and check out as usual.
- Book: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event AND a signed copy of Cinderella is Dead. If you choose this option, you do not need to add the separate ticket. All you have to do is select the book from below, add to cart, and check out as usual. You will receive the zoom link to the email you provide upon checkout. NOTE: The book will be signed, and if you want to request a personalization, please type the name you want inscribed in the comments field at checkout!
- Sales for this event end on 7/23 at 4pm CT.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you provided after sales have ended on 7/23 (approx. 4:15pm CT)
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45pm CT
- Event Begins at 6pm CT
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT CINDERELLA IS DEAD
"Wholly original and captivating." - Brigid Kemmerer, New York Times bestselling author of A Curse So Dark and Lonely
Girls team up to overthrow the kingdom in this unique and powerful retelling of Cinderella from a stunning new voice that's perfect for fans of A Curse So Dark and Lonely.
It's 200 years after Cinderella found her prince, but the fairy tale is over. Teen girls are now required to appear at the Annual Ball, where the men of the kingdom select wives based on a girl's display of finery. If a suitable match is not found, the girls not chosen are never heard from again.
Sixteen-year-old Sophia would much rather marry Erin, her childhood best friend, than parade in front of suitors. At the ball, Sophia makes the desperate decision to flee, and finds herself hiding in Cinderella's mausoleum. There, she meets Constance, the last known descendant of Cinderella and her step sisters. Together they vow to bring down the king once and for all--and in the process, they learn that there's more to Cinderella's story than they ever knew . . .
This fresh take on a classic story will make readers question the tales they've been told, and root for girls to break down the constructs of the world around them.
ABOUT KALYNN BAYRON
Kalynn Bayron is a debut author and classically trained vocalist. She grew up in Anchorage, Alaska. When she's not writing you can find her listening to Ella Fitzgerald on loop, attending the theater, watching scary movies, and spending time with her kids. She currently lives in San Antonio, Texas with her family. Find her @KalynnBayron.
ABOUT THE MODERATOR: CHAUNESEY CLEMMONS
Chaunesey Clemmons is a biological anthropologist currently finishing her M.A. degree at Texas State University. She loves all things purple and glittery! Clemmons is a co-host of the Well-Read Black Girl book club chapter at BookPeople and currently lives in ATX! You can find her up to bookish things on her Instagram @chaungetslit.
Thank you for supporting Kalynn Bayron and your local independent bookstore!