Wednesday, May 20 at 7PM CDT
In conversation with Laura Youngkin
LIVE ON ZOOM
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this live Zoom event.
- Tickets are available with the purchase of Power Moves by Lauren McGoodwin from bookpeople.com OR by purchasing the Admission Only ticket.
- If you pre-ordered a copy of Power Moves by Lauren McGoodwin prior to the event announcement, we will honor your pre-order and send you a link to the event.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you used to purchase the book on the day of the event at 5PM CDT.
- Digital Doors Open at 6:45pm CDT
- Event Begins at 7PM CDT
- NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT POWER MOVES
From the founder of the influential website Career Contessa, an invaluable career resource for women feeling stuck or unfulfilled that combines actionable advice, learning tools to make impactful life changes, and an in-depth discussion of how to build a meaningful career on your terms.
With her popular website Career Contessa, Lauren McGoodwin built an audience of ambitious, professional, millennial women who thought they did everything right—they got the degree, the internship, and even the promotion—but still wondered why they felt stuck and unfulfilled. The first site of its kind to focus on the unique, complex aspects of women's careers, Career Contessa offers women the smart advice they deserve, in a voice that resonates.
Drawing on the insights and lessons developed from Career Contessa, Power Moves is the essential handbook that helps professional women truly feel understood so they can bypass perfection and planning and head straight to evolving. McGoodwin addresses young professionals’ number-one concern: career transitions and growth, and engages them with specific goals, including:
- What is a Power Move and why they matter
- Cutting out comparison, shame, and self-loathing
- How to abandon the elusive “dream job”
- Embracing your inner questioner, your inner quester, and your inner-quitter
- Making money moves and taking control of your financial future
- Tuning out from the noise and tuning into your voice
Power Moves is filled with the information, guidance, advice, and essential tools, (including helpful graphics) that can help women take decisive, bold steps without self-doubt and fear, Power Moves shows women how to build a successful career on their own terms.
ABOUT LAUREN McGOODWIN
Lauren McGoodwin founded Career Contessa in 2013. Previously, she has been a University Recruiter for Hulu focused on hiring, employer branding, and program management. Lauren has a Bachelors in Education from the University of Oregon and a Masters in Communication Management from the University of Southern California, where she wrote her thesis on millennials and career resources. She lives in Redondo Beach, California.
ABOUT LAURA YOUNGKIN
Laura Youngkin is producer, writer, and creative strategist based in Los Angeles. She has produced large-scale themed attractions, branded activations, immersive experiences, major conferences, and live entertainment with clients and collaborators like Walt Disney Imagineering, Cirque du Soleil, Museum of Ice Cream, Hulu, 20th Century Fox, and Disney Parks Live Entertainment, among others. In 2016 Laura launched The Brave Millennial, a nationwide research and storytelling project focused on the professional barriers of millennial women in the US. Laura is a regular contributor at Forbes where she covers entertainment, workplace culture, and extraordinary women. A recognized voice on workplace equity & inclusion, Laura has spoken at SXSW, the STORY conference, and the ASCEND Leadership Summit at Microsoft, which she also curated and produced.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Lauren McGoodwin and your local independent bookstore!