- Registration for this event is free! Register by clicking the button above or visiting this link.
- We ask that you consider purchasing a copy of I WANT A BOAT! to support the author, as well as our virtual programming! Books will be signed and personalized by author Liz Garton Scanlon. If you'd like the book personalized, please type the name you want inscribed in the comments field upon checkout.
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45PM CDT.
- Event Begins at 6:00PM CDT.
- Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT I WANT A BOAT!
A box is never just a box when you have a vivid imagination and a couple stuffed animal friends to join you on a fantastic ocean voyage.
I have a box,
I want a boat.
With nothing but spare text and a bright imagination, I Want a Boat! follows a girl as she as she finds a way to transform a plain old box in an ordinary room into a magical sailboat, complete with a rudder, sail, and anchor. She and her stuffed-animal friends take to the high seas, encounter raging storms, and make it to dry land, just in time for supper.
Award-winning author Liz Garton Scanlon’s spritely text and candy-colored, kid friendly illustrations by Kevan Atteberry (Ghost Cat, Dear Beast) make this a perfect read-aloud for the youngest child.
ABOUT LIZ GARTON SCANLON
Liz Garton Scanlon is the author of many picture books for young readers including the New York Times bestseller and Caldecott Honor book All the World, illustrated by Marla Frazee.
ABOUT KEVAN ATTEBERRY
Kevan Atteberry has written and illustrated several books for children, including Ghost Cat, which Publishers Weekly called “A comforting story of memory, longing, and hope.” He is also the illustrator of the middle-grade series Dear Beast, by Dori Hillestad Butler, Tickle Monster, and Boogie Monster. He lives in the Seattle area.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Liz Garton Scanlon, Kevan Atteberry, and your local independent bookstore!