Wednesday, August 19 at 6pm CT
Bee Fearless: Dream Like a Kid
LIVE ON ZOOM!
In conversation with Destiny Chance
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this virtual event.
- There are two ticket options available for this event. Both of these options get you entry into the event. You need only pick one:
- A $5 Ticket: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event. This option does not include a book. All you have to do is add the $5 Ticket option from below to your cart and check out as usual.
- Book: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event AND a signed copy of Bee Fearless (and a pack of Me & the Bees Beeswax Lip Balms, while supplies last!) If you choose this option, you do not need to add the separate ticket. All you have to do is select the book from below, add to cart, and check out as usual. You will receive the zoom link to the email you provide upon checkout. NOTE: The book will be signed, and if you want to request a personalization, please type the name you want inscribed in the comments field at checkout!
- Sales for this event end on 8/19 at 4pm CT.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you provided after sales have ended on 8/19 (approx. 4:15pm CT)
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45pm CT
- Event Begins at 6pm CT
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT BEE FEARLESS
A middle grade memoir from fifteen year-old lemonade entrepreneur and one of TIME Magazine's Top 30 Most Influential Teens, Mikaila Ulmer, and her advice for life and business.
When Mikaila Ulmer was four, she was stung by a bee--twice in one week. She was terrified of going outside, so her parents encouraged her to learn more about bees so she wouldn't be afraid. It worked. Mikaila didn't just learn what an important role bees play in our ecosystem, but she also learned bees are endangered, and set out to save them. She started by selling cups of lemonade in front of her house and donating the small proceeds to organizations dedicated to bee conservation. When she realized the more lemonade she sold, the more bees she could help, Me & the Bees Lemonade was born. Now she sells her lemonade across the country. From meetings with Fortune 500 CEOs, to securing a deal on Shark Tank, to even visiting the Obama White House, Mikaila's lemonade and passion for bee conservation have taken her far.
In Bee Fearless, part memoir, part business guide, Mikaila--now fifteen--shares her personal journey and special brand of mindful entrepreneurship and offers helpful tips and guidance for young readers interested in pursuing their own ventures, instilling in them the bee-lief that they can bee fearless and achieve their dreams too.
ABOUT MIKAILA ULMER
Mikaila Ulmer is the founder and CEO of Me & the Bees Lemonade. Using her great-granny Helen's flaxseed honey lemonade recipe, Mikaila launched her business from her home in Austin, Texas, in 2009. After landing a deal with Daymond John on Shark Tank, her lemonade is now sold in grocery stores across the country. In 2018, Mikaila launched her Healthy Hive Foundation, and 10 percent of the net profits from the sale of her lemonade goes to saving our honey bees.
ABOUT THE MODERATOR: DESTINY CHANCE
Destiny Chance is a weekend anchor and reporter for FOX 7 Austin. Before moving to Texas, Destiny was a morning anchor at the FOX affiliate in Augusta, Georgia. She was voted "Best Female News Anchor" by the readers of Augusta Magazine in 2017.
Thank you for supporting Mikaila Ulmer and your local independent bookstore!