- Registration for this event is free! Register by clicking the button above or visiting this link.
- Samantha Clark will be joined by TREEFOLKS! Learn more about this wonderful organization below.
- We ask that you consider purchasing a copy of ARROW to support the author, as well as our virtual programming! Signed, personalized copies are available. If you would like your book personalized, please type the name you want it signed to in the comments field at checkout. ALL pre-orders will include thank you goodies from the author, AND a new tree will be planted in the Austin area by TreeFolks for every book order through the event. Every purchase helps plant a tree and your local indie bookstore!
- By pre-ordering a copy of ARROW from BookPeople, you also enter to win a special giveaway prize! The prize includes a bonsai kit, a plush, signed bookmarks and Arrow stickers, plus special goodies from our friends at TreeFolks! Giveaway open for local pick-up only.
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45PM CDT.
- Event Begins at 6:00PM CDT.
- Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
From the author of The Boy, the Boat, and the Beast comes a lush and timely tale about a boy who’s grown up as the only human in an enchanted rainforest and what happens when people from the outside world discover his home.
For the first twelve years of Arrow’s life, he has grown up as the only human in a lush, magical rainforest that’s closed off from the rest of the world. He was raised by the Guardian Tree, the protector of the forest, which uses the earth’s magic to keep it hidden from those who have sought to exploit and kill it. But now the magic veil is deteriorating, the forest is dying, and Arrow may be the only one who can save it.
Arrow has never seen another human until one day, a man in a small airplane crash-lands in the forest. Then, a group of children finds their way in, escaping from their brutal, arid world where the rich live in luxurious, walled-off cities and the poor struggle for survival.
The Guardian Tree urges Arrow to convince the trespassers to leave by any means necessary. Arrow is curious about these newcomers, but their arrival sets off a chain of events that leave him with a devastating choice: be accepted by his own kind or fight to save the forest that is his home.
ABOUT SAMANTHA M. CLARK
Samantha M. Clark loves stories about ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances because if four ordinary brothers and sisters can find a magical world at the back of a wardrobe, why can’t she? Until she finds her own real-life Narnia, she writes about other ordinary children and teens who’ve stumbled into a wardrobe of their own. She grew up in different countries around the world and now lives with her husband and two funny dogs in Austin, Texas. Samantha is the regional advisor for the Austin chapter of the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators and she explores wardrobes every chance she gets. Her debut novel, The Boy, the Boat, and the Beast, was lauded as “an unforgettable, life-affirming tale” by Booklist. Visit her online at SamanthaMClark.com.
TreeFolks is an Austin-based nonprofit organization that works to restore forests throughout Central Texas. TreeFolks also partners with the City of Austin to give free trees to Austin residents, provides educational opportunities, and engages volunteers and community groups to plant trees in public parks, preserves, and schoolyards.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business, but you are also showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Samantha M. Clark and your local independent bookstore!