Tuesday, July 14 at 6pm CT
LIVE ON ZOOM!
Moderated by Mason Deaver
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- Tickets are required to join this virtual event.
- There are two ticket options available for this event. Both of these options get you entry into the event. You need only pick one:
- A $5 Ticket: This gets you a zoom link for entry to the event. This option does not include a book. All you have to do is add the $5 Ticket option from below to your cart and check out as usual.
- A copy of The Extraordinaries (comes with a signed bookplate & button that says "Fanfic is my Superpower"). If you prefer this option, simply add the book from below to your cart and check out as usual. The Zoom link will be sent to your email the day of the event.
- Sales for this event end on 7/14 at 4pm CT.
- The Zoom link will be sent to the email you provided after sales have ended on 7/14 (approx. 4:15pm CT)
- Digital Doors Open at 5:45pm CT
- Event Begins at 6pm CT
NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT THE EXTRAORDINARIES
An Indie Next Pick!
Some people are extraordinary. Some are just extra. TJ Klune's YA debut, The Extraordinaries, is a queer coming-of-age story about a fanboy with ADHD and the heroes he loves.
Hardcover edition comes with an exclusive, reversible jacket!
Nick Bell? Not extraordinary. But being the most popular fanfiction writer in the Extraordinaries fandom is a superpower, right?
After a chance encounter with Shadow Star, Nova City’s mightiest hero (and Nick’s biggest crush), Nick sets out to make himself extraordinary. And he’ll do it with or without the reluctant help of Seth Gray, Nick's best friend (and maybe the love of his life).
Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl meets Marissa Meyer's Renegades in TJ Klune's YA debut.
ABOUT TJ KLUNE
TJ KLUNE is a Lambda Literary Award-winning author (Into This River I Drown) and an ex-claims examiner for an insurance company. His novels include The House in the Cerulean Sea and The Extraordinaries. Being queer himself, TJ believes it's important—now more than ever—to have accurate, positive, queer representation in stories.
ABOUT THE MODERATOR: MASON DEAVER
Mason Deaver is a nonbinary author and librarian from a small town in North Carolina where the word "y'all" is used in abundance. When they aren't writing or working, they're typically found in their kitchen baking something that's bad for them or out in their garden complaining about the toad that likes to dig holes around their hydrangeas. I Wish You All the Best is their debut novel. You can find them online at masondeaverwrites.com.
Thank you for supporting TJ Klune and your local independent bookstore!