Join us in celebrating Olivie Blake’s new book Alone With You in the Ether! She will be in conversation with Rebecca Roanhorse. The event will include an author discussion and an audience Q&A.
- This virtual event requires registration via Eventbrite.
- Start time: 7 P.M.
- Run time: 45-60 minutes.
- Location: Zoom.
- If you select the book bundle ticket, the book will include a signed bookplate from Olivie Blake.
- Book ticket price includes domestic shipping cost. Your book will be mailed to you after the event. Sales tax and service fees will apply to the grand total.
- No international book orders for this event.
- You must register to attend the Zoom webinar with the link provided in your confirmation email in order to access the event.
- There will not be a live stream or recording available.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if necessary.
- If you have any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NOTE: Because this is a virtual event that will be hosted on Zoom, you will need access to a computer or other device that is capable of accessing and sufficient Internet access. If you have not used Zoom before, you may consider referencing Getting Started with Zoom.
ABOUT ALONE WITH YOU IN THE ETHER
Two people meet in the Art Institute by chance. Prior to their encounter, he is a doctoral student who manages his destructive thoughts with compulsive calculations about time travel; she is a bipolar counterfeit artist, undergoing court-ordered psychotherapy. By the end of the story, these things will still be true. But this is not a story about endings.
For Regan, people are predictable and tedious, including and perhaps especially herself. She copes with the dreariness of existence by living impulsively, imagining a new, alternate timeline being created in the wake of every rash decision.
To Aldo, the world feels disturbingly chaotic. He gets through his days by erecting a wall of routine: a backbeat of rules and formulas that keep him going. Without them, the entire framework of his existence would collapse.
For Regan and Aldo, life has been a matter of resigning themselves to the blueprints of inevitability – until the two meet. Could six conversations with a stranger be the variable that shakes up the entire simulation?
ABOUT OLIVIE BLAKE
Olivie Blake (she/her) is the pseudonym of Alexene Farol Follmuth, a lover and writer of stories. She has penned several indie SFF projects, including the webtoon Clara and the Devil with illustrator Little Chmura and the BookTok-viral Atlas series. As Alexene, her young adult rom-com My Mechanical Romance releases May 2022. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, new baby, and rescue pit bull. Find her at olivieblake.com.
ABOUT REBECCA ROANHORSE
Rebecca Roanhorse is the New York Times bestselling author of Trail of Lightning, Storm of Locusts, Black Sun, and Star Wars: Resistance Reborn. She has won the Nebula, Hugo, and Locus Awards for her fiction, and was the recipient of the 2018 Astounding Award for Best New Writer. She lives in New Mexico with her family.
By purchasing a book from BookPeople, you are not only supporting a local, independent business—you’re showing publishers that they should continue sending authors to BookPeople.
Thank you for supporting Olivie Blake, Rebecca Roanhorse, and your local independent bookstore!