603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 512-472-5050 Open 9AM - 10PM The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
ZADIE SMITH - Swing Time
Thursday, January 12th at 7pm
speaking & signing
Central Presbyterian Church
Texas Book Festival
- Tickets are now available.
- Tickets are only available via Brown Paper Tickets. They are not available in-store.
- Regular tickets cost $32 (plus service fee) and include one copy of Swing Time.
- VIP tickets, supporting Texas Book Festival, cost $37 (plus service fee) include one copy of Swing Time, reserved seating at the event, and a Texas Book Festival tote bag.
- Each ticket admits ONE person to the Central Presbyterian Church for this event.
- Seating is general admission; first come, first served.
Please note: Tickets will be processed by Brown Paper Tickets, not BookPeople. Brown Paper Tickets will issue a refund of the full face value of your tickets and the service fee within 12 hours of purchase or if the event is canceled or postponed. After that 12 hour period, tickets are non-refundable. If you purchase a ticket, cannot attend the event, and cannot refund the ticket via Brown Paper Tickets, we will hold a copy of Swing Time for you at BookPeople for 30 days after the date of the event. You may not pick up the book in advance of the event.
- This event is being held at the Central Presbyterian Church (200 E 8th Street), NOT at BookPeople.
- Doors open at 6:00PM. Event begins at 7:00PM
- Books and Tickets will be available at BookPeople beginning November 15th at 9am. Books not picked up before the day of the event will be available and will call on January 12th.
- After Zadie Smith speaks, she will sign books. You will receive a lettered signing line ticket when you arrive on site noting your place in the line. We will call you up in groups of 50 for the book signing.
- Give us a call (512) 472-5050
- Or shoot us an email: online (at) bookpeople.com
ABOUT SWING TIME
An ambitious, exuberant new novel moving from North-West London to West Africa, from the multi-award-winning author of White Teeth and On Beauty
Two brown girls dream of being dancers—but only one, Tracey, has talent. The other has ideas: about rhythm and time, about black bodies and black music, what constitutes a tribe, or makes a person truly free. It’s a close but complicated childhood friendship that ends abruptly in their early twenties, never to be revisited, but never quite forgotten, either…
Dazzlingly energetic and deeply human, Swing Time is a story about friendship and music and stubborn roots, about how we are shaped by these things and how we can survive them. Moving from North-West London to West Africa, it is an exuberant dance to the music of time.
ABOUT ZADIE SMITH
Zadie Smith was born in Northwest London in 1975 and still lives in the area. She is the author of White Teeth, The Autograph Man, On Beauty, Changing My Mind, and NW.
If you cannot attend the event and would like to order a signed copy of the book, add the book to your cart and put SIGNED COPY in the comments field at checkout. We ship all over the world!