Dear Community of Readers,
Thank you for your continued support of BookPeople! We could not have made it this far without your support! Below are some FAQ on what to expect when shopping online with BookPeople for the rest of the year.
In-Store Pickup Timelines:
The last day to place an In-Store Pickup order to be ready by Christmas Eve is December 16th. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee any orders placed after that date will be ready in time. We also process orders in the order they were placed online, so please wait until you receive a "Ready for Pickup" email notification to come pick up your items. If you do arrive before the items are prepped we cannot rush them for you in fairness to other customers. If you urgently need an item, please consider calling us at (512)472-5050 to put it on hold.
- To receive your order by the Christmas holiday, please place orders for Domestic shipping by Wednesday, December 6, 2023
- To receive your order by the first night of Chanukkah, please place orders for Domestic shipping by Wednesday, Nov 29, 2023.
- It may take us 7+ days to process your online order before it ships out. Please allow at least 5 days from placing your order before contacting us to inquire about it. The more inquiries we receive about the status of orders placed online, the more behind we get in fulfilling them.
- If items are out of stock these processing times may increase. We will update you by email on your order’s status.
- If you don’t hear from us within 5 days of placing your order, please reach out to us at email@example.com
- Once your order ships from the bookstore, we cannot control how long it will take to get to you. The only thing we can do is provide you with a tracking number to track your package.
- Please check your inbox, promotions, and spam folders before contacting us.
Q: I placed my order a week ago but I have not heard anything back. What should I do?
A: As a general rule, the earlier you place your order, the quicker we will be able to process your order. Below are the different types of order statuses and what to expect from each for in-store pick up and mail orders.
- On our Shelves Now: it may still take 3-7 days to process. We process orders in the order in which they are received. Once your order is processed, we will email you with further information.
- Out of Stock; Usually Arrives in 10-15 Days: we are placing a special order for this item and it will take 10-15 days to arrive at your home, or to the bookstore. We will email you with additional details within 5 days of your order placement date.
- Not available to order: that product will be cancelled from your order and you will be sent an email notification.
- Backordered; we will contact you once it’s available: Due to printing and shipping delays, these products have unpredictable due dates. Please do not email us, we will email you once the product is available.
Q: I placed my online and/or special order after Wednesday, December 6, 2022. Any chance it will arrive by Christmas?
A: Our booksellers are working as hard and fast as possible to fulfill your order, while also assisting customers shopping in the bookstore. We will try our best to fulfill your order before 12/25 but if that does not work out, we suggest you email your recipient letting them know to expect something very special from your favorite indie bookstore in the mail! We have designed the following images you can download and send along with your personalized message.
(Click an image to download)
Q: The book(s) I really want to buy shows
Not in Stock or Not Available to order. What should I do?
A: If we don't have the specific book or gift you want, let a bookseller know and we will happily recommend an amazing alternative for you. Sadly some wonderful new books are already out of stock and won't be in again before Christmas.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries or call the bookstore at (512) 472-5050 to speak with a bookseller who can assist with recommendations.
Q: I'm not quite sure what to get for a friend or loved one, but I want to support BookPeople. What are some other shopping options?
A: Excellent question with a lot of answers!
- Buy an E-Gift Code! A timeless gift, for yourself or another reader, for any occasion and that never expires. Place orders for online-only E-Gift Codes before Saturday, December 23 to have it sent to the recipient by 12/25.
- Give the gift of a Book Subscription: the gift that keeps on giving! We’ve created thoughtful subscription packages and mystery boxes we think make special, memorable gifts for readers of all ages.
- Give the gift of a Pre-Order! Order a forthcoming book by your favorite author now, to be delivered once it’s published. If it’s a gift, download one of the images below to send with your personal message to the recipient to let them know a great book is in their future!
(Click an image to download)
We THANK YOU for your ongoing support and we sincerely appreciate your patience!