603 N. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78703 | The largest independent bookstore in Texas!
5 Book Dive Summer Reading Challenge
Take the ultimate summer reading challenge!
Here at BookPeople, we believe that there is nothing better to do on a lazy summer day than to dig into a great book! We're so excited to relaunch our summer reading program this year into a digital platform so we can read and reward ourselves all online!
1. Read 5 books-- any books!-- over the summer. We do encourage you to explore the summer lists below, but the whole point of this program is to encourage reading for pleasure, so you get to read 5 self-selected books for this challenge!
2. Log the 5 books you read using this Google form: https://forms.gle/s54Mrsk268ASv7eVA
3. BookPeople will send you a $5 gift certificate as a reward for being such an awesome reader! This will be an e-code that you are able to use to shop our website, bookpeople.com! The e-code will be sent to the email address provided on the Google form.
Donate Books to Austin Kids!
We're so excited to partner with the Austin Council of PTAs to get books into the hands of MORE young readers this summer! If you make a donation, you will also receive 10% off your entire purchase. Browse from our summer reading lists below, choose your own favorites, or grab books from ACPTA's BookPeople wish list!
How it works:
1. Choose the books you want to purchase, both for yourself and for donation, and add to cart.
2. Upon checkout, list which books you would like to donate in the comments field along with the words "ACPTA DONATION."
3. Use the coupon code ACPTA10 to receive your discount!
4. We'll let you know when books you've ordered for yourself are ready to be picked up curbside.
And that's it! The books you choose to donate will be picked up at BookPeople by the ACPTA and delivered to deserving readers!